We are looking for a Data Scientist to teach our brand new full time class:
Our Data Science Immersive course is a brand-new, life-changing educational experience where students leave with the skills and mindsets to take on new careers as Data Analysts and Scientists. We are looking for an instructor to spearhead this transformation through leading General Assembly’s Data Science Immersive course in Hong Kong.
Skills and Qualifications
You have at least 2+ years of professional data science experience.
● You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
● You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
● Must Haves:
○ You are an expert in SQL, Python and related Python libraries (pandas, numpy).
○ You have fluency in the following topics: statistics; manipulation of large data sets; data visualization techniques and tools such as Tableau, matplotlib; machine learning algorithms such as naive bayes, SVMs, decision trees, KNN, K-means clustering.
● Nice to haves:
Responsibilities and Duties
● Planning and curriculum development followed by 12 full work weeks (Monday to Friday from 9am -5pm) of teaching, planning and content development.
● Work closely with co-instructor(s) to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
● Work alongside GA staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
● Guide students through the development of stellar projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
● Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
● Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects